Pilot Club of Lenoir City
2016-2017 Club Officers (front row, left to right): Kim Knott, Treasurer; Norma Blevins, Director; Carolyn Meece, Director; Judy Fleming, Secretary; and Dana Zehner, Vice-President. (Back row, left to right): Lee Ledbetter, President; Ed Fox, Director; and Brittany Mashburn, President-Elect.
What is the Pilot Club of Lenoir City?
It's a civic service organization dedicated to community service efforts that primarily focus on "protecting your brain for life." A few of the projects the club undertakes and/or supports towards this focus are:
- Festival of Friends - Fun filled day that provides enhanced outdoor recreational opportunities for those with disabilities.
- "Brainminders" - Encompasses a public service campaign designed to promote brain awareness through prevention education programs for children and adults.
- Special Olympics (area 22) - Provides support for year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities,
- Senior Bingo – “Bingo Nights” & prizes in local senior centers.
- Lifeline – Personal medical alert emergency response service for seniors.
- Remote Area Medical– No-cost health care, dental care, eye care, veterinary services, and technical and educational assistance in the U.S. and abroad.
- Various Alzheimer's Walks and fundraisers.
- Anchor Club - Allows young people to make a dynamic difference in their world through volunteer service.
- Family Resource Centers – Provide assistance to families and children in learning about and accessing available services.
- Fantasy of Trees – Holiday tradition since 1985 to benefit East Tennessee Children’s Hospital.
- Loudon County Education Foundation Essay Contest
- Encouraging Excellence in Education Awards Celebration
- Student scholarships and sponsorships
- Friends of the Library & reading programs
- Other Community Partnerships – Support the work of numerous organizations working towards improved quality of life in our communities through volunteer efforts and/or contributions.
Lenoir City Central (All-Access) Park
Read about it here!
Lenoir City High School Anchor Club earns 3rd place in Pilot International's Outstanding Anchor Club program