Pilot Club of Lenoir City
2016-2017 Club Officers (front row, left to right): Kim Knott, Treasurer; Norma Blevins, Director; Carolyn Meece, Director; Judy Fleming, Secretary; and Dana Zehner, Vice-President. (Back row, left to right): Lee Ledbetter, President; Ed Fox, Director; and Brittany Mashburn, President-Elect.
What is the Pilot Club of Lenoir City?
It's a civic service organization dedicated to community service efforts that primarily focus on "protecting your brain for life." A few of the projects the club undertakes and/or supports towards this focus are:
- Festival of Friends - Fun filled day that provides enhanced outdoor recreational opportunities for those with disabilities.
- "Brainminders" - Encompasses a public service campaign designed to promote brain awareness through prevention education programs for children and adults.
- Special Olympics (area 22) - Provides support for year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities,
- Senior Bingo – “Bingo Nights” & prizes in local senior centers.
- Lifeline – Personal medical alert emergency response service for seniors.
- Remote Area Medical– No-cost health care, dental care, eye care, veterinary services, and technical and educational assistance in the U.S. and abroad.
- Various Alzheimer's Walks and fundraisers.
- Anchor Club - Allows young people to make a dynamic difference in their world through volunteer service.
- Family Resource Centers – Provide assistance to families and children in learning about and accessing available services.
- Fantasy of Trees – Holiday tradition since 1985 to benefit East Tennessee Children’s Hospital.
- Loudon County Education Foundation Essay Contest
- Encouraging Excellence in Education Awards Celebration
- Student scholarships and sponsorships
- Friends of the Library & reading programs
- Other Community Partnerships – Support the work of numerous organizations working towards improved quality of life in our communities through volunteer efforts and/or contributions.
Lenoir City Central (All-Access) Park
Read about it here!
Lenoir City High School Anchor Club earns 3rd place in Pilot International's Outstanding Anchor Club program
Meetings are typically held on the 3rd Tuesdays monthly, except for July, August and December. Club meeting begin at 6:30. Unless otherwise announced, meetings are held at the Loudon County Visitors Bureau on Hwy. 321 in Lenoir City (across the street from Shoney's...click HERE for map).